In the spirit of Thanksgiving I will keep this short and sweet–because as we come upon the holiday season, who has the time?!–and I will focus on gratitude.
As a Librarian I am grateful for:
- Waking up each morning and being excited for work, knowing that might include a children’s program, paying bills, or working the CIRC desk. I love the not knowing of what I’ll be called to do.
- Working in a state who believes in its libraries and fights hard for them. And the proof is in the pudding!
- Getting to serve our patrons! Yes, yes, everyone deals with their fair share of grumpy and sometimes bizarre patron interactions, but just think of the great stories you get to take to the cocktail party!
- Working alongside community organizations and a school district that are committed to helping us succeed
- Being surprised by the kindnesses that we sometimes witness throughout our day.
- Serving on consortium and Ohio Library Council committees where I get to meet lots of other dedicated and cool librarians!
This holiday season I hope you have much to be thankful for too. Happy Thanksgiving!
Amanda Bennett, Director
Ada Public Library